When starting a business, it’s important to establish a strong brand identity that resonates with your target audience. However, over time, your brand may become outdated or no longer reflective of your business goals and values. That’s why it’s important to consider rebranding every 5-7 years.
Here are some reasons why:
- Stay relevant in a constantly changing market! – The business world is constantly evolving, and your brand needs to keep up with the times. Rebranding allows you to update your image and messaging to stay relevant and resonate with your target audience. This is particularly important if your business operates in a fast-paced industry with rapidly changing trends and technologies.
- Reach a new audience – Rebranding can help you reach a new audience that may have previously overlooked your business. By updating your brand identity, you can attract new customers who may have different preferences or values than your current audience. Imagine a row of Estate Agent boards that you pass every day and one day someone completely changes their board design. Chances are it will catch your eye. We worked with Property Stop Letting agents to help reach a wider audience with their new brand.
- Reflect changes in your business – As your business grows and evolves, your brand should reflect those changes. For example, if you started as a small local Essex based business for example and have now expanded nationally, your brand should reflect that growth. Rebranding allows you to update your messaging, design, and overall image to reflect the current state of your business.
- Differentiate from competitors – In crowded markets, it’s important to differentiate your brand from your competitors. Rebranding allows you to stand out from the crowd and create a unique identity that sets you apart. This can be particularly important if your competitors have similar brand identities or are copying your messaging and design. Thereafter once you have established your brand you can start thinking about creating campaigns that tie in with your social media and overall presence.
- Address negative perceptions – If your business has faced negative publicity or perceptions, rebranding can help you address those issues. By updating your brand identity, you can distance yourself from any negative associations and create a fresh start for your business.
- Keep up with design trends Design trends are constantly changing, and your brand should reflect those changes. Rebranding allows you to update your design to be more modern and visually appealing. This can help attract younger audiences who may have different design preferences than your current audience.
- Re-energise your team Rebranding can also have a positive impact on your team. It can create a renewed sense of energy and excitement around your business and its goals. This can be particularly important if your team has become complacent or stagnant in their work.
However, it’s important to note that rebranding should be approached carefully and strategically. It’s not something that should be done on a whim or without proper planning. Here are some tips for successful rebranding:
- Define your goals and values. Before starting the rebranding process, it’s important to define your business goals and values. This will ensure that your new brand identity aligns with your overall vision for your business.
- Research your audience. Understanding your target audience is crucial for creating a brand identity that resonates with them. Conduct market research to learn more about your audience’s preferences, values, and habits. Speak to the team at Boxer Creative to see how we can help you with this.
- Create a plan. Rebranding requires a lot of planning and coordination. Create a detailed plan that outlines the steps involved, timelines, and budget.
- Communicate with your team. Rebranding can be a big change for your team. Make sure to communicate your plans and goals with them to ensure everyone is on board and understands their role in the process.
- Launch with a bang. When you’re ready to launch your new brand identity, make sure to do it in a big way. This can generate excitement and momentum around your business and help ensure a successful rebrand.
In conclusion, rebranding your business every 5-7 years can help you stay relevant, reach new audiences and reflect changes in your business.
As an Essex based creative and digital agency, we pride ourselves on understanding your business and your client’s to create the perfect logo, website and marketing materials – Tailored to you and to improve your brand positioning. View our portfolio to see how we have branded and re-branded our client’s or speak to our team to see how we can help you.